We combine DigitalKE’s robust technology and a dedicated team inorder to provide you with the safesty tips for selling and buying websites, blogs, mobile apps, softwares and domain names in Kenya on DigitalKE. However, we only control one part of the buying process. Here is what you can do:
Safety Tips for Buyers:
- Insist on inspecting the product before buying it.
- Meet the seller in a public place.
- Inquire about delivery before you make your purchase.
- It is safest to contact the seller through the provided email section on DigitalKE. This way we have your contact information and can contact you should we track fraudulent behavior.
- Only make the payment upon receipt of the product.
Safety Tips for Sellers:
- Ensure you upload an accurate image/screenshot of the item
- Ensure you list an active phone number and email address
- Ensure your phone remains on, in order to receive calls from any potential buyers
- Beware of spam messages
- Ensure you meet the buyer in a public place
- Ensure you receive your payment before releasing the good or service
How to identify potential fraud
- Check out the product and price – is it reasonable or too good to be true?
- Are you being asked to pay via unknown payment systems, wire transfer or via upfront payment?
- Is the seller trying to prove the authenticity without being asked?
- Is the seller unwilling to answer relevant questions, or not answering his/her phone?
- Is the seller unwilling to use traceable transport methods?
If not, please contact our dedicated team:
Via email [email protected]
Via telephone on 0718110149